Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Josh Evin R.I.P. !


Our dear friend and former emerica team rider Josh Evin was involved in a fatal motorcycle accident early Sunday morning which shocked the entire skateboard community. It's with great sadness that i have to write this. Josh was an amazing person a dear friend and a true core skateboarder. Not only was he a proffesional skateboarder but was just as proffesional off the board with his attitude, personality and positivity. I had the pleasure of skating with Josh, shooting photo's of him and for a quite a few years was his team manager for emerica shoes. I can only say the best things about him as he gave skating 110% at every demo and every contest and in general everytime he stepped on his board. We have definitly lost a Canadian Legend but I will never forgot all the good times we shared together doing road trips, demo's and contests. I only wish i had more time to spend with this wonderful human being that brought so much love and positivity to this world. Josh will be missed by so many people but will never be forgotten for what he shared with each and every one of us on the daily. I personally thank Josh for inspiring so many people and showing us all that what we thought was impossible is indeed possible on a skateboard. You can pretty much go to almost any skatepark in Canada let alone globally and point out some insane hairy line that Josh did that noone else could do or wouldn't have even thought of doing, that was his thing, pushing the limits with every one of his ginormous pushes and doing something noone thought was possible at rediculous speed. I cant even tell you how many time's I've said I cant believe he just did that, because to me it looked impossible, dude was a machine and killed everything in his path. We All Love and will miss him for the rest of our lives thats a given and if you knew him you know exactly what i'm talking about. If you didn't you only wish you had the priviledge of knowing him, he was just that amazing. I will never ever forget him or the time we shared together. Nobody ripped or repped harder than Josh did, he will be greatly missed on many levels, R.I.P my friend !!!!

P.S. Josh may not have been riding for us for the past few years but he remains on my team forever !!!

Labels:

posted by Judah at