Monday, August 23, 2010

etnies Skate & Create


The idea came when I was sitting around with Oliver Barton and we were thinking about everything that went into it last year. I didn’t know how we could top it. I just wanted to have fun. So I started thinking about how there’s so much emphasis on indoor skateparks now. It made me think of recreating the old World Industries days, because that’s the park I saw on videos from when I started skating. We didn’t want to script it. We just got the first batch of clothes from that era, which took a lot of work to find—those really baggy pants, T-shirts with thick collars, like cotton was really thick then. I got little iron-on graphics for the shirts, like the Rudy Johnson 40 ounce. I was psyched on using a camera from that era, too, so I thought it’d be cool to film in Hi8. Oliver shot on film, too, so it looked authentic. I wanted guys to skate and I just ran around and filmed it, kind of how they probably did it back in the day. I think everyone was surprised on how much footage we got in the end. The video we made was only part of all the footage we had.' Click HERE.

Labels:

posted by susan at